Saturday 5 March 2011

The Supplier's Speech - HF Couture

I'm so pleased about The Supplier's Speech this week because, as you can well imagine, I absolutely lovely pretty jewellery and beautiful accessories so I'm really pleased to be featuring the fabulous Jane from HF Couture.

And as a wonderful treat, Jane is offering readers of my blog 10% off headdresses ordered before 5th April 2011. Just quote 'Tamryn Kirby Blog' when you order.

Anyway, read on to find out more about Jane, her business and her tips for an amazing wedding...

Tell me a little bit more about your business...

My business, HF Couture is my dream… I have always been artistic it was finding a medium to express my abilities that took me down the accessories path. I have always loved costume jewellery and the grand statement pieces from the likes of Miriam Haskell, Hagler, Schiaparelli to more modern pieces from Monty Don (yes back in the 80s before he started gardening!) and Butler and Wilson influence my style. I also love fashion history from the Art Nouveau period through to Dior's New Look and this can also play a role in my designs – I adore theatrical costumes such those as designed by Jenny Beavan for Elizabeth, The Golden Age.

What's so great about working in the wedding industry?

I do love the wedding industry! When you meet creative like minded people and work with them and meet wonderful brides to be, it's such a privilege to be involved with their special day knowing that whatever you create for them will be seen down the generations and that the piece you have designed and made will become and heirloom... wow!

In your opinion, what are the most important questions brides should ask when booking suppliers?

Brides always need to be honest about their budget and what they like and don't like. Don't be afraid to vocalise these things and it can save such a lot of heartache in the long run.

Have you got any great wedding tips that you'd like to share?

Oh yes! When you're walking down the aisle towards the person you're intending to pledge the rest of your life to, don't run! Walk as ele

gantly as you can manage and definitely don't slouch. Shoulders back, head up, smile and don't clutch your flowers to your chest, it looks untidy. Hold them just over your tummy button!

What makes a wedding really fabulous?

A really fabulous wedding is one that really reflects the personalities of the couple, not the latest 'must haves' that you've seen in magazines. If afternoon tea in the village hall is your thing, do it!

Have you seen anything really unusual or unique for weddings recently?

Unusual as it's not something 'regular' magazines would necessarily cover but I had a bride for whom I made a headdress and circlet in gold and it had dozen of tiny Swarovski crystal flowers coming off it in every colour under the sun and her dress was the most divine olive silk dupion.

What are some of your favourite wedding memories?

My favourite wedding memories are of my wedding. Our darling late son, Richard, looked so handsome in his kilt and his best friend sang the Panis Angelicus for us in church. Both sets of parents were there too and now sadly two of them are no longer with us.

What do you think the next 'big thing' in weddings will be?

I suspect the next big thing will be whatever Catherine Middleton presents us with on her wedding day. I suspect the whole industry is waiting with baited breath for this!

If you could give brides just one piece of advice, what would it be?

Relax! Ok, so you've probably spent ages organising it and have hopefully engaged a wedding planner to take care of things, even if it's just 'on the day'. It will all be ok and remember the whole point of a wedding is just that - the wedding! The moment when you take your vows. Oh yes, get insurance and read all the small print in any contracts!

If you'd like to find out more about Jane and her work, take a look at her website www.hfcouture.co.uk

You can find HF Couture on Twitter - www.twitter.com/HFCouture

Jane can be contacted on 07789 760072 or via e-mail jane@hfcouture.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment