Thursday 31 March 2011

I Need Ideas For.. A Country Fete Theme Order Of Ceremony

So here's the second of today's posts written especially for the lovely Michelle who is getting married in June. Michelle sent me a tweet asking for some ideas for her country fete themed wedding - earlier I provided (or hopefully provided!) some ideas for table plans that might fit Michelle's day and now I'm moving on to the second part of her plea - Orders of Ceremony (or, to translate for US readers, ceremony programs!)

If you'd like me to write a blog post just for you, get in touch and let me know how I can help. Inspiration, advice or questions you'd like answered - I love to hear from you so feel free to e-mail me tamrynkirby@hotmail.com or find me on Twitter (my username is @tamrynkirby so say hello!)

But let's go back to Michelle and her fabulous wedding. Enjoy these ideas...

Above - yes, I know this is a birthday card but take a look at the design. Little bunting flags dangle across the plain card. You could cut the flags from plain coloured or patterned paper, glue them onto twine or ribbon and attach them to the front of the card. If the card itself won't go through your printer, you could just print inserts and glue them in! Image - C Star Events

Above - a fabulously simple yet very effective idea. Printed cards are tied with natural raffia that looks wonderfully like straw. Easy and attractive - a perfect combo for a DIY bride! Image - Faith West

Above - another idea that I saw that you could tweak to make a fabulous Order of Ceremony. How about printing the information on the bag and then filling it with confetti? No chance of those petals blowing if you sealed the bag either and again, if you can't feed the bags through your printer, print the information on coloured paper, trim & glue. Image - Jeremy Lawson

Above & below - this would be great if Michelle used one of the chalkboard seating plan ideas as well but I know that this might not work at a church. However, if would be great for giving 'the timetable' at the reception venue. Image above - Kelly Prizel Image below - The Knot


Above & below - I love tags so I just had to include this. The information is printed on tags (or onto card and cut into tag shapes!), given pretty covered and tied together with ribbon. So pretty! Images - Martha Stewart

Below - fans make great programs, especially if you're getting married in the summer. The information is printed on one card with the handle attached at the bottom. Another piece of patterned or coloured card is used to back the fan (and hide the handle!) - this also makes the finished fan a little more robust and less likely to wilt when waved around! Image - via Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment